Now, I am all about Monster Truck Love. Hi. My name is Kelli. And I am a mother of boys. And I like big trucks. I can not lie.
Mom called and mentioned that Big Foot would be in town this past weekend. We were like - "Wow, the boys would like that...but we have some stuff to do, etc."
Well race fans, stuff was blown off and we decided on Fri morning to leave...um on Friday....for the rally on Sat. WOOOHOOO! I am not spontaneous at all. Well, if I plan to be...I can do spur of the moment all right.
This was our first race. So we have some tips that we gleaned from this excursion that we would like to share.
1. Attire is important for the ladies - bra straps and banana clips are really in vogue for the kiddos - you need to get them shirts with their fave monster truck on the front THEN you get the drivers to sign them (we did this and the boys thought it was so cool...mostly just because it was ok to write on their clothes)
2. Hearing protection is good for the kids. I liked the ear phone cover dealies (what is the word I am looking for???) over the ear plugs. These can be picked up in a sporting goods shop in the hunting section.
3. You need to decide your loyalties before you go. Are you Big Foot fans (like us) or do you root for Samson, Grave Digger, The Avenger...etc? You will be expected to cheer and foot stomp to show support.
4. It is very different to see a monster truck roll over on a DVD (fun) and to see it in real life. The Mommy red flags go off in real life.
5. Crash cars are mid 80's beat up sedans that race around the track and, well, crash 6. The free style is the best part of the rally...but it is last and if you have young kids - you may need to take them home before it is over. It is A LOT of stimulation for young kids to take in. And there you have it. Now we are race people.
Actually, there were all kinds of people there. Lots of families with boys. Lots of great pictures:)