i found this picture today
it captures that moment
during any class
any group setting
any day while david is in the same room with me
there is a moment
since he was young enough to play in an exersaucer
when he looks up and
checks to see if i am watching
and gives me a smile
a thumbs up
and then goes back about his business
and i love that
that he just wants to know i am available
that i am paying attention
i like the blog
because this is where i can record the regular stuff
and the regular stuff is what i so don't want to forget
the 25th is my 2 year bloggoversery
not a huge deal
there are plenty of days i prattle on
and i read it back and thing
i am so over me
but there are days i am glade i had a little spot to write more than a line or two
max on his bicycle sunday
i think this was his first time on a bike
i'm not sure how i overlooked getting him on one before this
taught him to count in spanish...but not ride a bike
there is always something
my birthday was super
thanks for the wishes:)
after the kiddos take care of the rest of their lessons today
i am curling up with my new ck and the article about photography by Candice Stringham
i look at my camer manual and immeadiately get tired
annoyed even at my total lack of absorption just by looking at the cover
an 8 page atricle with lots of pictures...i think i can handle:)
david likes his clothes to match
red pants / red shirt
black pants / black shirt
patterned pants / patterned shirt...and patterned shoes
i can't really pont fingers
that is pretty much how i scrapbook....
i spent some time yest. learning how to record my voice in garage band on my mac.
CK needs 20 seconds or so about the kit Ali Edwards designed that i worked with.
just 20 seconds.
it surprised me too.
and, even with that, i have to ask if i had broken the law.
i'm not high mantenance in ways that you'd expect
just in a bazillion other ways
off to the gorcery store
i am tired and hungry
i am pretty sure the chances of me coming home from the
g-store with salt and vinigar chips and a twix are high.......
i self promote my own birthday
(you know...as a public service...;)
but this year
i am caught completely off guard that i turn 34 on saturday
i think 34.
2007 - 1973 = 34
once again....i think.
honestly, i rarely have a real firm grasp on my age.
it isn't like i get asked often.
or introduced that way.
"here, i'd like for you to meet my friend kelli...
she is in her mid 30's too.
you two should have somuch to talk about."
sounds like a grown up
which thinking about myself that way also catches me off guard
you'd think the 3 kids would tip me off
the photos: us
during a 3 hour lay over in Ohio
(because when you fly from ATL to DC....you always go through Ohio)
in a back part of tha airport...there were no other people around...
having stroller sprints
after trying to fly a kite in the huge gusts of wind today
the boys got a little tired of seeing it crash
on the ground
they decided paper on a string was just as fun
they were happy for like 2 hours
max even wrote his name on his paper
Sarah asked me to keep up the homeschooling posts.
now, Sarah, is that in place of all the posts about ME?
or in addition to?;)
Sarah, i will.
i can tell you now that as confident as i am that homeschooling is right for my kids...i do wake up during the night periodically in a panic that i am messing them up. however, i might have done that no matter what their education consisted of...so that isn't all that conclusive.
i'll give you a snippet of one of our days soon.
it is really riveting reading.
know that my kids can play happily together for 2 hours
that is something.
happy early early Tuesday!
it is so much more than a box
it is a box with a voice that calls
pick up the box!
Beth Hagedorn asked me this: Do I scrapbook for all of my kids? (She has 3 girls and uses appropriate capitalizations)
any other questions?
really, i scrapbook for me. occasionally i do a page for my mom or my mil.
i scrapbook for me because:
1. i have boys....lets face it...how wierd would it be for my boys to have a big scrapbook on their coffee table 15 years from now with pictures of them in the bathtub. i can't imagine that. they like their pages....but still, they are boys. Beth, you have girls...they might be more interesed down the road.
2. i am my own audience. i may write to them in journaling. but if i start thinking about how they will like the pages when they are like 15....well, who knows if they will like anything at 15?
3. i did a seperate album for each of my kiddo's first year. but all other albums are all together. sometimes there are 4 pages in a row of max and then 3 of david. well, alex really should look at the camera when i am taking pictures. (ok, kinda kidding there....but not totally). if i tried to seperate each event...like disney....for each kid...dude, one word: $. ok, that was a symbol. i don't have the patience or interest in scrapping something more than once. and their childhood isn't in isolation. it is with our family. alex played soccer. so he got the soccer lo...in the family albums. but Easter pictures...all together on 1 page...in the family album.
4. might i suggest mini albums for those things you want to have in seperate albums for your kids? really, i am so a believer in mini albums now. really, in like a night...ok, 2...and with a handful of embellishments and papers - you have a cool album. I like them so much because a large portion of the page is the actual picture. in a week of evenings, you could do mini albums for each one of the girls for a trip you went on. OR - mini albums with the birthdays, school pics etc. in them for each one.
5. alex really enjoys taking pictures. he is starting to put together albums. he likes the idea of writing things to go along with his photos. david likes to make collections of his drawings in notebooks. he also likes to tell me when he is doing something that would make a good scrapbook page. (thanks, kid) max - dude, he is 4...he just cut the strap off my camera last week....we just try to watch him and keep him away from my stuff. my point - they are starting to chronicle their own lives. i look forward to helping them with that. Beth, i would encourage your girls to start doing the same. unless they are like, all 4.
is any of that helpful?
that was just off the top of my head
and the top of my head
is not where i always keep my best ideas
(those are in a shoe box under the bed)
You would NOT see this.
Not because it isn't there.
This is the storage area in our basement.
Sadly...the mess is about 3 times as big as what you can see here.
When we moved in - I invisioned this area storing some stuff....neatly.
And then setting up model train tables for Alex in here....with twinkeling Christmas lights from the ceiling....
think the Stuart Little movie.
Alex's birthday is in October.
I have a new goal:
to get this cleaned up...at least one box/stack a day....
so that we can surprise him with the train tables....in October.
now, I would actually enjoy just getting in the middle of all this mess for like a week and organizing it.
I like organizing.
However....the rest of my house would become a complete disaster while I did that.
a little each day.
That is my today's resolution.
a blurry little picture
of Max holding up a stamp designed by Ali Edwards and found in her new kit HERE
the items in this kit are a one time offer
you can see the mini album I made with it on line soon
(because I make mini albums now:)
they asked me to "participate with a new kit Ali designed and....."
is what i said
good thing they weren't asking me to
"....hold the kit and jump off a cliff"
because I probably would have said yes